Sunday, June 9, 2013

Why should I care about my privacy if I'm not doing anything seriously illegal?

Do you close the door when you go to the bathroom? You might even do it when nobody else is around. Even though picking your nose is a pretty common activity, most people don't do it when other people are watching. Same thing with many other activities - they're private. They're nobody's business but our own.
If you were sitting at a table in a restaurant talking with a friend, would you want me sitting at the next table, turned toward you and obviously listening? What if I took out my phone and started recording you?
At a public pool, would it be okay if I walked around taking pictures of people sunbathing? It's public so I should be able to take pictures of anything I want. The people being photographed should mind because they're not doing anything illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment